Thursday, May 19, 2011

Week 6 EOC: Me x 3

Consumers purchase based on not only their wants but also needs. At least for myself, this is true.  A consistent purchase that I make is diapers because it is a necessity for my children. I also purchase gas for my automobile so that I can have a means of transportation to get to work, as well as school. Another purchase I make consistently is based on nothing but a want. I along with many other females purchase clothing and shoes, on a regular basis. My choice for this purchase is because I WANT to have new clothing that makes me as a woman, feel like I look good by society's definition.

Diapers can be a want or a need only for the simple reason that back when my mother was an infant, mothers, cloth-diapered their children. Diapers although necessary to not get infant fecal matter on their clothing, are a convenience to mothers. At the same time, it does help prevent bacteria from being spread which in infants, is very important. This buy, although can be stated as a want for the simple fact that disposable diapers are a convenience, I say is a necessity.

Now a days, there are many methods of transportation, be it a bike, an automobile, a public bus, or taxi. However, one thing three of these methods have in common, are that they use gasoline to get from one destination to the next. Gasoline is a necessity if you want your automobile to transport you from one location to the next, however an automobile is not. Other means of transportation include public buses or shuttles as well as walking or riding a bike but the thing about public buses, is that gasoline is needed to run these automobiles.

Women at times of financial struggle, breakups, job losses, will go out and buy clothing or shoes to make their self esteem go up. Clothing is a consumer want majority of the time for women.

No comments:

Post a Comment